The word ‘Avagaha’ means to immerse. Avagaha sweda is a type of sudation therapy where patient is made to sit or lie in fluid media like medicated decoction, warm water etc. to produce fomentation to the body.
Avagaha is the best mean of invigorating the whole body and mind. It is the means of deep relaxation in most to one own body in most traditional way.
- The Whole Bath-tub is filled with herbal decoction or any suitable liquid like milk etc iselecting according to the condition of the patient and disease.
- Abhyanga(massage) is performed with prescribed medicated oil around the umbilicus up to the thighs or all over the body according to the condition prior the treatment.
- It can be performed without Abhyanga in certain conditions.
- The patient made seated or lie down in the tub containing medicated Liquid in such a way that the whole body upto the neck is submerged in the liquid in most comfortable manner.
- The temperature is maintained during whole procedure till proper sudation is achieved.
- This procedure gives the sense of deep calmness and relaxation to the body in authentic way.
- Duration: 45minutes.
Benefits of Avagaha Sweda:-
- For deep relaxation & calmness of mind.
- Relieves painful urination.
- Relieves muscular and joint pain.
- Deranged vata humor.
- Helps in rejuvenation.
- Increases the sexual potency.
- To relieve from stress, anxiety.
- Deep muscular relaxation
- Menstrual disorder
- Disease of spine, hip, low back
- Constipation, piles, fissure etc