• If the cold is in acute stage, and accompanied by headache, sore throat and sneezing bouts with a running nose, application of dry Ginger paste over the sinuses helps.
• A cloth bag that is warmed should be kept over the nose and forehead.
• A decoction made of a quarter teaspoon of dry ginger, cinnamon, Tulsi leaves (Ocimum sanctum), four corns of pepper and a few springs of lemon grass laced with a spot of jaggery. Always drink them hot.
• In general, addition of dry ginger, black pepper, Pippali (Piper longum) or rock salt to the cooked food will relieve the symptoms dramatically.
• In fact anything with a pungent and spicy taste, be it medicine or food, will dilute the kapha character of the cold and make one feel much better.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda detoxification therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.