Everyone likes to enjoy the rainy season especially children. Who wants to deny the combination of Tea and Pakoras (an Indian snack) during rain? But some of us have to avoid it due to gastric problems. Bloating of abdomen, flatulens, indigestion etc. are the common most problems in this season.
We can avoid such problems in this season with slight modification in our diet and lifestyle and use of some herbs and spices. Following are suggestions for Rainy Season:
• Take 1 glass lukewarm water after getting up in the morning.
• Keep your dinner as light as possible and take it until 8.00 PM.
• Chew 1 tea spoon fennel seeds after meals, it will help in digestion.
• Use spices like cumin seeds, fennel seeds, ajwaine, asafoetida, cinnamon, rock salt etc. In cooking. These spices enhance digestion.
• Keep your footwear in the shade, outside of the home and keep separate foot wears for inside use. It will keep harmful germs out side of your home.
• Wash your hand and feet every time when you enter in home and before eat anything. It will kill germs and you will not be getting any stomach infections.
• Asafoetida and ajwaine water will help in bloating of abdomen.
• Ayurvedic medicines like Lavana Bhaskar powder, Hingwastaka powder, Hingu Vachadi powder, Trikatu powder, Vyoshadi tablet etc. will be good for digestive problems.
NOTE: Consult your Ayurvedic physician before using any Ayurveda medicine.