Water is nectar, which sustains life. Ayurveda provides the following hints regarding water consumption and its effects on the body.
1) Drinking water before meals will reduce your appetite and cause emaciation.
2) Drinking water immediately after meals will impair digestion and lead to weight gain.
3) Drinking large quantity of water of liquid during meals weakens digestion. Drinking small quantities of warm or tepid water in-between meals will enhance digestion.
4) Drinking water stored in a copper vessel will help to scrape our excess Kapha from the body, improve metabolism and help to reduce cellulite.
5) Drinking cold water or cold drinks just prior to eating or while eating weakens digestion.