Inducing perspiration by using heated round packs or bolus of rice is referred as ‘Shashtikashali pinda sweda or kizhi’. Also popularly known as the Navarakizhi. This is easy and effective procedure of sudation. kizhi strengthens muscles and improves nerve conduction. It enhances the smoothness and lusture of the skin.
1) Rice bolus is boiled in decoction of bala(sida cardifolia) and milk; this rice is then tied in pieces of cloth to prepare packs.
2) These rice packs are heated in decoction of bala and milk.
3) Warm rice pack is applied to the body and there by inducing sudation(sweat).
1) It has proven efficacy and indicated in muscular disorder, neurological disorder, emaciation and blood related problems.
2) Improves thye blood circulation and metabolism and make body feel lighter and relaxed.
3) It increases the lusture and sooftness of the skin.
4) Effective treatment in vata induced disorders.
4) Neurological disorders like paralysis
6) Generalise weakness
7) Muscular artrophy, contracture of muscles