Udvartana is one among sub-types of Panchakarma which is the process of invigorating the whole body through the powder massage. It is the well known Ayurvedic powder massage that includes the scrubbing of the whole body using the ubtan (paste) made out of the mixture of the different herbs and the grains which contain the property of scrapping the fat. Therefore it is best done in the condition of obesity and the cellulite beneath the skin.
It is also one of the detoxification processes. It liquefies the excess fat and the cellulite by the scrubbing and massaging the body in the upward strokes which produces the certain heat energy which scrap and liquefies the fat. The herb penetrates the body through the skin pores and removes the sluggish lymphatic toxins. This technique not only detoxifies but also improvises the blood circulation and establishes the Rejuvenation effect in the body.
Whole body is invigorated by scrubing with the paste (ubtan) prepared of dry herbal powder, in direction upward stroke in particular manner for 45 minutes. This procedure contain stroking techniques which helps in the fat liquefy and gives proper shape to the muscle tissue.
1) Reduces excess fat in the body
2) Improves the skin complexion
3) Eliminates the Bad odour due to excess sweating or other reasons.
4) Corrects the imbalance of doshas.
5) Vitalizes and rejuvenates the body.
2) Diabetes mellitus
3) Varicose vein
4) Oily skin, lack of complexion and blemishes.
5) Neurological disorder like parkinsons, muscular dystrophy.