Most of the oral diseases are caused due to bacterial infections. The antibacterial activity of medicinal plants are due to the presence of potential bio active compounds which help to reduce bacterial load in the oral cavity and thus prevent formation of plaque, dental caries and ulcers.
1. Amalaki (Phyllanthus emblica) is an antioxidant effective in toothache, mouth ulcers, and gingivitis.
2. Lavanga (Cloves) is analgesic and effective in relieving pain caused due to dental caries, abscess and disorders of gums.
3. Kumari (Aloe Vera) is antiseptic and anti-fungal. It helps in dentin formation, fights gum disorders, disinfects oral cavity, heals inflammation, gingivitis, periodontitis, apthous ulcer, cracked lips, relieves bleeding gums and gum abrasion.
4. Nimbu (Lemon) is a source of citric acid and has antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It prevents bad breath, helps whiten teeth naturally, and soothes toothaches and gingivitis.
5. Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) is antioxidant and antimicrobial. It is effective in malignant lesions, gingivitis, toothache, and periodontitis.
6. Nimba (Azadirachta indica) is antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It helps maintain oral and dental health, prevents dental caries & cavities and inflammation.