Virechan is one among the five therapeutic procedure of panchakarma. It is the medicated purgation therapy which cleans the toxin from the gastro-intestinal tract, liver and gall bladder. It also removes the toxin from the blood and thus purifies the blood. Virechan is mainly indicated for the disorders related to pitta. It pacifies the pitta dosha and thus its disorders. It can be adopted as the preventive procedure in sharad (winter) season as it is the season of aggravation of the pitta dosha.
1) Prior the procedure the patient is subjected to oleation and sudation therapy in order to bring the doshas to the abdomen.
2) Then on basis of the constitutional analysis, abdomen assessment, age, mental conditions the dose and medicinal herb is decided and patient is subjected to purgation.
3) The patient is asked to maintain the frequency chart and the consistency of the motion to analysis the effect of the dose.
4) More the frequency more the effect of the dose which is consider as the perfect purgation therapy.
5) After the therapy patient is asked to observe the fast and then take the light diet.
1) Detoxification of the toxins from the body and thus promotes the good health.
2) Detoxify the toxins from the liver and hence regulates the proper metabolism.
3) Benefits in skin disorders, urticarial rashes, allergies.
4) Gouts, rheumatism purgation is classically said to be best.
5) Mainly relieves the gastro-intestinal disorders.
6) Reduces the weight by removing the excessive fat from the abdomen.
1) Rheumatic arthritis
4) Chronic asthma
5) Cardiac disorders
6) Tumors growth
8) Gall stone
9) Spleen disorders
10) Eczema, psoriasis
12) Urinary retention
Person suffering from fissure, ano-rectal bleeding, fever, immune compromised patients, weak person, pregnant women, age below 15 years and old age people are contra-indicated for virechan.